Sunday, April 1, 2012

PLEASE VOTE ON THE “WHICH OF THESE FILMS DO YOU PLAN ON SEEING IN APRIL OF 2012?” POLL!

Thank you for voting in the - Which of these films do you plan on seeing in March of 2012 – poll! The results of the twelve people who voted were most interested in seeing John Carter with 8 votes (66%). I saw this film at the theater, but unfortunately many people did not. If more people had seen it, it may have made enough money for a sequel – which I would have loved to see – but unfortunately it did not.
The next highest vote getters were The Hunger Games and Wrath of the Titans, both of which received six votes (50%). I was not interested in The Hunger Games enough to see it at the theater, as I haven’t read the books; nor was I prepared to deal with the crowds of mostly younger people that queued up to see it last weekend. It didn’t need my money, as it took in a whopping $153 million in its opening weekend! Wrath of the Titans – the seemingly unnecessary sequel to the pedestrian Clash of the Titans – was a film I had no interest in seeing at the theater. The trailer for this looked slightly better than the first film and the reviews seem to indicate that the tone is lighter than its predecessor (the acutely somber tone of CotT is what I disliked the most about it), but in the end, I just wasn't enticed enough to make the time to see it on the big screen.
Receiving the fewest votes was Mirror Mirror with two votes (16%), a PG rated modern update on the Snow White fairy tale that was definitely not aimed at my demographic, which is just one of many reasons why I won’t be seeing this film either at the theater or on video. The slightly more action-oriented Snow White and the Huntsman, the second of the two Snow White re-imaginings coming out in June,  appeals to me more and I might see it at the theater if The Bride liked these type of films (which she doesn’t) or if I had an age-appropriate daughter (which I don’t).
Thank you all for voting on this month’s poll! There are now twelve of you who may consider yourselves Genre Guardian Generals! Anyone who has seen The Hunger Games, Wrath of the Titans or Mirror Mirror at the theater, please leave a quick comment here and let me know what you thought of it!
 
THE APRIL 2012 POLL!
 
Once again on the right column of this page, you will see at the top of the column the next poll that I’ve posted. This second poll includes the titles and release dates of all the major SF, Fantasy or Horror films that are being distributed to movie theaters in the month of April 2012. They are: Cabin in the Woods, Lockout, The Raven and The Pirates! Band of Misfits. As always, I’d appreciate anyone who reads GUARDIANS OF THE GENRE! to place a vote for any of these films that you plan on seeing at the theater. This month’s films are a particularly uninspiring lot and Cabin in the Woods is the only film I would see at the theater – if I had someone that liked these types of horror films to see it with. I suspect that I could persuade Phileas to see Lockout at the cinema - he being the diehard science fiction film fanatic that he is - but anyone who has seen the five-minute-trailer featuring a fight scene over a huge turbine will not be surprised to hear that I will not be doing that. So, it seems I’ll be staying away from the movie theater for the month of April.



Thank you for reading GUARDIANS OF THE GENRE! and hopefully participating in the new poll!

No comments:

Post a Comment