Thursday, March 1, 2012

PLEASE VOTE ON THE “WHICH OF THESE FILMS DO YOU PLAN ON SEEING IN MARCH OF 2012?” POLL!


Thank you for voting in my first “which of these films do you plan on seeing” poll of 2012! The results of the nine people who voted were most interested in seeing Underworld: Awakening with 7 votes (77%). I did see this film at the theater and was pleased I did. The next highest vote getter was Chronicle, which received 3 votes (33%). I was not that interested in seeing this at the theater, as I am not a fan of found footage films. However, the generally favorable reviews from both fans and critics alike make me wonder if I made an error by not seeing this one at the theater. I will definitely be renting Chronicle as soon as it is available. Bringing up the rear with 2 votes (22%) was Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, a film I have no interest in seeing – not only because I didn’t finish watching its putrid predecessor Ghost Rider (2007), but also because I was never a fan of the comic book on which it was based. Last and most certainly least was Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, which received 1 vote (11%). I liked Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008), which this is a quasi-sequel to, but only as a rental - and a low priority one at that. Thanks to all nine of you who voted in this poll – you know who you are – and you may now consider yourselves Genre Guardian Generals!

 A NEW POLL!

Once again on the right column of this page, you will see at the top of the column the next poll that I’ve posted. This second poll includes the titles and release dates of all the major SF, Fantasy or Horror films that are being distributed to movie theaters in the month of March 2012. They are: John Carter, The Hunger Games, Wrath of the Titans and Mirror Mirror. As always, I appreciate anyone who reads GUARDIANS OF THE GENRE! to place a vote for any of these films that you plan on seeing at the theater and I will at least attempt to see the top vote getters. Of the four films listed, John Carter is the only film I definitely plan on seeing at the theater.
Thank you for reading GUARDIANS OF THE GENRE! and hopefully participating in the new poll!

No comments:

Post a Comment