Monday, September 27, 2010

ELVIRA - MISSING IN THE DARK!


ELVIRA - MISSING IN THE DARK!

I've looked and searched my Comcast channels up and down and I couldn't find Elvira's Movie Macabre anywhere. According to the listing on Elvira's official website, http://www.elvira.com/ , her new show was supposed to be broadcast on here in the Boston area on channel 7 WHDH at 2 AM Friday (I assume that means Saturday morning) and Sunday 1 AM. The listings on both my cable and WHDH's web site both have the usual late-night drek running at that time.

Supposedly, THIS TV is also running Elvira's new show, but they don't have it listed either. The closest I could find was Night of the Living Dead was running on THIS TV on Monday morning at 1AM on October 11. I've set to record this and will let you freaks know if it is her new show or not.

Meanwhile, I did find a clip on YouTube of her full opening to the new show. It's cleverly written and Cassandra still looks pretty good as Elvira even at her mature age. According to her IMDB entry, Cassandra Peterson turned 59 just ten days ago! BTW: Check out the comments under the video at YouTube and you'll see I'm not the only freak having a hard time trying to find this show.

3 comments:

  1. Same here in Philly, Doc! I checked both times and days, but to no avail. I just sent off an email to the affiliate and hope to hear back from them as their site does not list the new show. Let’s cross our fingers we get to see her soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yeah, Johnny! Stick it to the man! Sorry, I got carried away. I too have emailed my local affiliate as to the whereabouts of the Mistress of the Dark's program. Together... we shall overcome! Sorry. I got carried away again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received this email from the Viewer Relations department at WHDH-7NBC in regards to the airtimes and place for Elvira’s Movie Macabre:

    I have just received more information on "Elvira Movie Macabre" and I just wanted to keep you updated. Elvira’s Movie Macabre is carried on THIS Boston/WHDH-7.2 (Ch. 297 on Comcast and Ch. 460 on Verizon FIOS). For more information on THIS Boston, including the station’s schedule, visit http://thistv.com/. Thanks for watching!

    It looks as though my guess that it will air on THIS TV was correct. Still, it isn’t listed on the web site or my cable guide as other than the movie title Night of the Living Dead. Good luck finding it in your area Elvira fans!

    ReplyDelete